A Successful Week: My Weekly Money Report 10|21
Hey everyone. It’s a brand new week. Which means it is time for a weekly money check-up.
Overall, I achieved all the goals I had set out for myself last week. So I would say it was a rather successful week and I am happy.
Here is the third weekly (more than just) Money Check-Up. Shout out to Ginna from My Pretty Pennies who started doing this on her blog.
Here are the previous two
Want to read this later? Feel free to PIN IT NOW and come back later.
What A Successful Week: Weekly (Money) Check-Up 10/21
This is for the week of October 15 – 21, 2018.
The most I’ve spent this week was on a bag from H&M. I have been wanting to get a cross-body bag for a while now. Saw this one over a month ago and since then it had been on my mind. At under $20, it was worth it.
Today I am thankful for the ability to work from home. There are lots of things happening the over next three weeks. A trip to my daughter’s school, she comes back home for a week and Diwali. Working from home makes it possible for me to get more stuff done. Not sure if I could have got as much done if I was still working for my bank.
Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did this week that made me happy
was to give myself a nice head massage. It helped make the migraine pain more tolerable.
I will consider the next week a success if I
- Have articles written and scheduled out till November 12.
- Get food done for the following two weeks – meals for the husband for while I am away and prep for the week after that when the daughter is here.
- Diwali Decor planned out and ready to go
- Increase the activity on the Pennies For Cents Pinterest profile. (Daily Impressions to 4 digits and Daily Viewers to 3 digits)
I would rate the previous week as a SUCCESS. Here are my goals for the previous week (in italics) and how I did.
- have a new quality blog post up every ALTERNATE day. I already have 14 posts up on my 14-day old blog. Not bad. Now I want to focus even more on providing quality posts that you readers enjoy and find of value. So, I will not be posting every alternate day till the end of this month. Success. Three posts went up on the blog last week.
1) My Weekly Money Check-Up for week two of my blogging. This one included a list of the tasks all bloggers need to perform. These are just the bare minimum that one has got to do.
2) 7 Lists that Help Save Money. Which ones are you making?
3) If money is tight this year and you are searching for what tips the best finance bloggers have, guess what, I have your back.
- Pin regularly on Pinterest. I am pinning manually every day. It ends up taking more time than I would like. Need to work out a system that will improve my efficiency. Success. Figured out a system. Will be testing it over the next few weeks to see how it goes. Am happy with it so far.
- Get a simple subscription form going on the blog. This is a carry over from last week. Need to get it done ASAP. Success. Here it is. If you want more money related articles delivered to your email, do SUBSCRIBE
In case you missed it, last week onward I also started sharing my daily blogging diary with you. Hopefully some of you will find it useful. I am having a blast with this new blog and this week was pretty good. This daily recap will tell you more.
Blogging Diary: A Successful Week
It’s a Monday. The day when I review my finances and my blog. I was in for a surprise. One article has been pinned a 100 times. Not bad, eh. This is the article which is generating the most views on my blog.
Wrote my second weekly review post. This article was also the first time I did this diary style report. Decided to publish articles every alternate day for the rest of October.
Started work on MailerLite. After you sign-up, you need a domain email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Luckily, my host SiteGround makes that a breeze (nope, this is not an affiliate link.) It was an easy 5 minute job to set up the email, and to configure it so that I can use my gmail account to send and receive all mails of this account.
Let me know if you are interested. I could do a tutorial post.
Not much work on the blog. Did a few other thing though.
The 4-year old laptop was continuously getting disconnected from the internet. It took the luddite in me a while to figure it out what was needed. Updating the BIOS did the trick.
The rest of the morning was spent on Rachel Miller‘s free workshop. Her course Massive Facebook Page Strategies course is on the list of things I would want to invest for growing my business. I am a part of her free Facebook group where she keeps giving out so much amazing information. Just by implementing those things you can breathe new life into your dead Facebook page.
Evening: Started writing a new blog post.
Morning: Ditched the blog post of last evening. Luckily I came up with another idea very quickly, one that I think would be of more value and help you save some money.
It took me a good 6 hours to write the post. When I say write I include everything from writing the first draft to finalizing it.
If you are a blogger, I would love to know how long it takes you to write a post?
Was happy to see another blog post have a 100 pins.
Morning: Needed to get a system going for a) optimizing my pins and b) pinning these regularly. I think I have it. Using only a simple spreadsheet and no scheduler. Yay!
Afternoon: Created pins for all the articles that didn’t have one.
Morning: Made my first embedded form on MailerLite and have it ready to go to start collecting subscribers.
If you like what you read feel free to subscribe using the form below.
Had a wonderful idea for a blog post. Why not curate the advice of some of the top finance bloggers into a single article. Help my readers save time and some bother of searching for these. Make it readily available at one place. Wrote an scheduled it, almost ready to go.
Morning: It is a Saturday. Keep my weekends for the house and myself. Just needed to get one slight bit done on the post I wrote yesterday – Adding a Pinterest optimized image. Done.
Overall, I am happy that everything that I had set out for myself got done. This week there is much more to get done. Do you agree with me that it was A SUCCESSFUL WEEK!
How was your week?
Photo by bruce mars from Pexels
Photo by Jeremy Wong from Pexels